Vacancy – Part Time Administrator (based in Northland, Auckland or the Waikato)
As the Trust’s Administrator, you will be the first point of contact, responding to email and phone enquiries from supporters, potential sponsors, other conservation organisations and the public. The role is ideally suited to someone with a passion for conservation who is confident managing and responding to queries, resolving issues and possesses excellent attention to detail. The role provides general administrative support across the organisation including updating and maintaining process documents and communicating relevant information to the team. Home office based, you will be comfortable working independently or as part of a remote team.
The role manages the supporter database (CiviCRM) which is an integral part of the Trust’s fundraising efforts, making sure donors are thanked and supporting the development of a first-class donor care system. You will be the link person between finance and fundraising, liaising directly with the bookkeeper to ensure donation income is reconciled across platforms.
With ability to flex your creativity, you will have the opportunity to take a leading role in the production of the Trust’s twice yearly Canopy newsletter. This could include collating and editing copy and liaising with external suppliers involved in the production of supporter communications. You will also have the opportunity to lean on your excellent organisational and written communication skills to write engaging articles for both the newsletter and the Trust’s website.
Qualifications, Skills and Selection Criteria:
- Data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including negotiation and problem-solving skills, time management and ability to manage a diverse workload that will come from a variety of sources.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, political judgement, and a friendly, positive, and professional manner.
- Ability to identify and implement developments to processes to improve the experience of supporters.
- Ability to work independently, exercise delegated authority, and supervise small teams of volunteers for newsletter mailings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills including using main Microsoft packages as well as experience of remote working and related systems.
- Current full New Zealand Driver Licence.
- New Zealand work permit.
The position will commence in August 2022. The Trust expects all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Remuneration will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Offered as a renewable one-year fixed term contract, it is anticipated that the role will require up to 12 hours per week over 2 or 3 days. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you. The number of hours per week may be increased during busier periods such as appeal launches, reserve openings etc. The role may be expanded to encompass a greater degree of work specifically supporting the Trust Manager.
How to apply
For further information or to register your interest and receive a copy of the job description, please email email@example.com subject line “Vacancy Administrator”.
Applications must include a cover letter, CV (including the names of two referees) and evidence of the required capabilities as per the job description. Please email your final application to Sandy Crichton, Trust Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 18th July 2022.